CBD Oil for the Elderly
What side effects can CBD have when taken by older people who often complain of sleep disorders, generalized pain, joint inflammation and anxiety?Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
The answer may seem obvious, but CBD oil taken by the so-called third age can only be beneficial. Obviously, if you have a particular health problem, it is always advisable to consult a doctor.
CBD for the elderly
According with the research was published earlier this year, the percentage of which a reported 65 years of age and older adults using cannabis has nearly doubled in the past five years.
The CBD market is expected to grow to a market size of $ 22 billion by 2022, and it’s no surprise that many older people are incorporating CBD supplements into their daily lives. Human research is still in its infancy, but CBD can bring many benefits to the elderly.
This work outlines all current information about CBD for the elderly .
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of more than 100 compounds derived from cannabis plants. These compounds are called cannabinoids and have a molecular structure similar to the endocannabinoid hormones produced in the human body.
CBD binds to the endocannabinoid system and helps regulate important biological functions such as inflammation, mood, response to pain, appetite, and sleep.
How can CBD help older people?
As scientific research progresses, more and more uses and benefits of CBD are becoming apparent. CBD has the potential to offer therapeutic benefits to people of all ages. Below are some of the most commonly addressed issues among older people.
- Sleep problems. CBD can relieve the symptoms associated with insomnia and anxiety at night when you can’t sleep.
- Pain management. Promising results shown by CBD Used in the treatment of chronic pain. These include rheumatoid pain due to arthritis and inflammatory pain due to sciatica.
- Depression and Anxiety Studies CBD has been shown to be a mood-regulating effect and may help treat depression. Evidence CBD has also been suggested to be effective in treating obsessive-compulsive disorder and PTSD.
- Chemotherapy Side Effects Cancer patients are one of the first groups to experiment with medical marijuana to treat the side effects of chemotherapy such as vomiting, nausea, and loss of appetite. Recent studieshave shown that CBD can effectively relieve some of these symptoms.
- Studies suggest that CBD treatment may help delay cognitive decline associated with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Is CBD Safe?
Studies have shown that CBD is safe and effective for the vast majority of people . However, if you are considering using CBD, we recommend that you consult your doctor. Also, it is not recommended to use CBD in place of prescribed medications without the permission of your healthcare professional. Like other substances, CBD can interact with certain supplements and medications, so you should discuss it openly with your doctor before taking CBD.
CBD Safety Tips for the Elderly
Here are some useful steps to take first after getting your doctor’s approval.
First, when you buy a product, make sure you know the CBD company you’re buying from. CBD is a vast global market, with many companies selling untested, non-standard products.
Many companies sell counterfeit products that contain potentially toxic chemicals with very little CBD added to their ingredients.
Reputable brands submit their products to third-party laboratories for inspection. This allows you to check the purity of your product and make sure it is free of contaminants. Also, the best CBD is made from organic hemp, so be sure to check the origin of your CBD product.
Also, when buying CBD, we recommend that you buy from a reputable company with positive customer reviews .
Here Enecta, we are proud of ourselves for the purity of our products and the transparency of our customer feedback.
Dose of CBD oil for the elderly
CBD oils and capsules tend to be the most popular with older CBD users. This is because they are easy to take, because it is an easy process to calculate individual doses.
Healthcare professionals can provide professional guidance depending on your personal situation, but a common safe starting dose for the elderly is about 2.5 mg. This is half the recommended dose for adults.
That said, each person is different, and the effects of CBD depend on the medications you are taking, such as heredity, weight, and metabolism.
Another piece of advice is to “start with a lower amount and slowly” when taking CBD oil. Gradually increase the amount over a week and increase by 2.5 mg, and you will be able to feel the effect. Keep in mind that physical symptoms tend to respond faster than mental ones.
- Adaptations That Land-based Casino Resorts in Digital Era 2022 - November 10, 2022
- THE CHALLENGES THAT COME WITH BUILDING A REPUTATION FOR ONLINE GAMBLING - November 10, 2022
- Toto Sites Review - November 10, 2022